Saturday, June 2, 2007

Katut Achong and 1967 name list part 3/5



Katut Achong and I at a wedding party 2008


Peter Raig Rohai(MU)
Phang Chung Nyap (now in US)
Joseph Pita
Jelaing Mersat(another MU and now YB)
Liew Si Chung (Now in Riam Secondary School, Miri)
Laji Saibi
Kushairi Suut (Successful career with the Police)
Boniface Deyoi
Asber Jive Kaur
Amin Sahmat

Albert Rony Assim(successful career with the Foreign Service)
David Leong Hin Keong
Then Hon Chew
Chong Chon Chee
Teo Siak Pheng
Nicholas Yee
Chang Foh soon
Bong Ai Lam
Abdul Rahman Marbot
Abdul Khalek Yusuf

Ibahahim bin Mohammad or Mohd Ibrahim Shah
Katut achong (Successful career with education)
Loh Sia Hian
Liew Men Chian
Leo Francis Michael Toyad (Very successful politician and Federal Minister for a very long time)
Liew Mui Lan
Lim Chu Kia
Hillary Kerish Santan
Patunah Rashid (married Mohd Sabil, who had a successful career in Education and was State Director of Education until he retired recently)
Jemat Unding'

Lily Hii Hiong Huan
Kolony Jeti
Kalang Akub
Ajeng Jau Uyo
Abdullah Sanee bin Sarujee (very successful career in politics and business)
Raden ak Garan
Ngu Siok Hiong
Symeon Ngabong Beduru (deceased at a very young age)
Phusu Lugun (who never seem to age and we met recently)

James Robert Renang (passed away when he was manager of SLDB)
Ling Kai Ming
Justin Sigoh

Something remarkbable about Katut Achong. Once, during his days with me at the University of Malaya taught me the value of eggs taken raw. I remember the coffee shop owner where we were having coffee was stunned when he ordered two raw eggs which he cracked into his hot boiling black coffee. And he told me it was good for the brain.

Subsequently when I served as Principal of SEDAYA, I requested for him to be my Assistant Principal. We worked very well together, with the now YB Billy Abit who was also my Assistant Principal. Unfortunately I had to leave after ten months in Kanowit to take up law in England. He and Billy held the fort for me until YB Dato Gramong Juna (also a TLS) took over as the new Principal of SEDAYA, Kanowit.

AS Principal during the Kanowit year (1975) my experience in Tanjong Lobang was of invaluable help in running the school. Both YB Billy Abit and Katut had similar boarding school experience. I would like to think that the ex-students of Sedaya 1975 had fond memories of that particular year.

No comments: