Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jan - Dec 1959 Seniors

To a young boy of 12, a form five boy was a giant.

I was fortunate in the sense that when I arrived at TLS I met up with the following who were in Form Five and were definitely someone to be reckon with. They were impressive, articulate,creative and charismatic.

Raphael Scott Abeng,Peter Boyer,Sulvester Juan,Danson Gayne,Abdul Wabab,Frank Apau, Leo Ambrose Iroke, Walter Chambers,ASlfred Jabu, Solomon Buyong,Hentry Jantum,Noel Hudson,Nicholass Ansie.

In just that year I got to know them and observed them really well. They were all fifth formers who were very studious and mature in their outlook.

The year passed very quickly and they went on their own ways - to become later, the great leaders who propelled Sarawak into a new phase of development. Whether their years in TLS had formed their visions, one would never know until we read their own memoirs.

1 comment:

I will speak up! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.